Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
So far, two people I know are creating their own music and trying to/ or have an album out.
The first is my music and French teacher Mr. Giuliano Gullotti who already has a mini album called Amberhaze EP out here in Singapore. You can get it at Esplanade, arts house and other individual record stores. His music is...um...instrumental, sort of like Moby Dick, with some vocals by him and a lady named Joanna. Go to this myspace home and check it out =) I also have him under my links.
http://www.myspace.com/amberhazemusicThe second guy is someone I got to know and befriend online called Scott, better known as Mr.Pitiful. He sings soul music, slight jazz and blues...a mixture of Bee Gees voice with Jason Mraz sort of music. Go check him out too!
http://www.myspace.com/mrpitifulmusicIf you've read the newspaper recently, there is a very small article about a group of 18 German students who decided to start up their own school and hire their own teachers for their upcoming A level exams. It is said that the students will study in groups of five or six from nine to five daily and is not for the slackers. Sounds cool huh? Haha, I would like to contribute something but then, I can't speak German now sadly. Sure I listen to a German Metal band called Rammstein and I like to eat Bratwurst and I know how to say "Guten tag!" but...uh, that's about as far as I go.
Damn if Singapore ever has a group of students like this, I bet they'll be committing suicide all over the place since...we don't have such things and already students are suiciding. What's the world coming to? It's real sad. I've just befriended someone who attempted suicide, and know a friend who attempted suicide during this year alone. Is it because there's not enough counselling channels here? Maybe it's as Derrick wrote, some teachers (I wouldn't say all) care more about results than of well-being. I was fortunate my sec 3 and 4 form teacher (go Ms Kang!!) was not like that. She was strict but she was caring as well, I remembered once near the o level prelims she took me aside and asked me if I was alright because I looked lost. I really wasn't alright then, I felt like breaking down and ending my life but...thank God for her =)
Anyway, starting tomorrow (12 Sept), I may not be able to answer my phone or sms back that fast. In fact, I don't always do...but that's besides the point. I'll be starting internship so my hp will be in my locker. So don't bombard me with smses or calls when I don't reply back four hours later, I promise I'll call back or sms asap. Reeeeally.
TP folks, exam results are out on 13 Sept, all the best and pray hard you don't get a sup paper for those who, like me, is on internship.